Monday, January 14, 2013

Re-do

Today was one of those days. One of those days where I felt like I was NEVER. EVER. going to catch back up. After literally being sick since Christmas Eve, my house (and myself) had taken a toll. I tried to keep up while sick, but lets face it, between having influenza and the stomach flu two children and a husband it just didn't happen. Instead me on the couch A LOT did. I really didn't have a choice. I was straight out of commision. So today was the deadline I gave myself for catching up. The Christmas decorations would be down, the house would be picked up, the laundry would all be done and the nightly planned dinners would be back in the routine. EXCEPT for the part that instead of making a scrumptious pot roast that looked oh.so.good. I somehow overlooked the first flippin direction that stated preheat oven to 275 and instead "roasted" my roast on HIGH on the stovetop followed by keeping it warm in the oven for another two hours. So much for yummy pot roast. Instead, I had stinky burnt food smell throughout my house and a peanut butter and jelly for dinner AFTER I skipped catching up with my friends at the gym so that I could get home in time to eat this scrumptious dinner I was SOOO looking forward to.... or NOT. Yeah, major fail. Oh well... tomorrow I am making some mean meatballs and twice baked potatoes and I will NOT jack them up. Promise! On a positvie note, my husband thought he was HILARIOUS by posting on Facebook that I made said potroast and said it was the thought that counted, not the end result. Sometimes ya gotta love the guy, even when his sense of humor is a bit on the wicked side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home