Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Part 2

The second half of Christmas celebrations around the Miller's didn't quite go as planned. I woke up Christmas Eve morning with full on stomach flu. I'll spare you details, but what I will tell you is that other than to run to the bathroom, my head did not leave the pillow for over 24 hours. Christmas Eve was spent in bed, while Ryan took the girls and made the best of the day without me, and I can honestly say, I have NO idea what they even looked like. Sad, I know. Thankfully, after Ryan realized I wasn't going to be able to "pretend Im not sick" like I usually do, he stepped into Super Dad role. Not only did he make the desserts for the remaining Christmas' they needed to attend, he got the girls there, home and in one piece and managed to wrap every.single.present for them after getting home Christmas Eve at nearly 11 pm. Im pretty certain he was a little peeved that his wife is a procrastinator at that point, but he put a smile on his face and went on with his duties. Christmas morning I woke up, and could tell immediately that although I was nowhere near 100% at least I was going to be able to make it downstairs to watch the festivities unfold, hang out with the gang for awhile before they all headed off to yet another Christmas. Though it was sad that I didnt get to spend the day with my little family, it was nice to have the opportunity to get things back in order around the house and enjoy some quality time by myself. The pictures were few and far between of this morning BUT one thing was for certain, their bounce house from Santa was definitely a hit!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home