Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Me


This new year has come in with a bang and a big ol slap in the face. Life has been rough, and quite honestly I have turned away from my God. I once again have tried to take matters into my own hands when quite honestly, I know that doing just this thing will lead to nothing but misery, failure and undue stress. I have made myself miserable, destroyed good relationships and treated those I love the most, the worst, all without realizing I was doing such a thing. Life is HARD, BUSY and UNFAIR, but the bottom line is this, I need to focus on what matters most. The ones I love. The one's closest to me and even myself. Because of this, rather than a New Year's resolution such as I have created in the past like losing 60 pounds or living a "healthier lifestyle" I am making my resolution to return to a life focusing on these verses:

(1 Corinthians 13)
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.

I am hopeful that when dealing with the relationships and situations within these relationships that if I can focus on these things,  then I will indeed know the right thing to do. I can reach to these verses to learn and to love myself again, to love the ones around me more and to strengthen ALL the relationships in my life. I can use these verses to strengthen the characteristics in my personality to remind me of the things that I strive to have. Life is HARD, BUSY and definitely UNFAIR, but I have to remember that if I can trust that there is indeed LOVE in this world and that I can be an example of Love that bears all things, beleives all things HOPES all things, EDURES all things and NEVER Ends  then I will be living that much closer of the life I would LOVE to live. Wish me luck. Afterall, love has always been a feeling I have struggled with feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home