Monday, December 31, 2012

Annual Year-End Survey

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Dealt with the realization that  due to a diagnois of cancer, my Mama may not be here forever. In fact, the harsh reality is that each and every day she is here is a gift.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didnt make any resolutions that I recall from last year. I have, however, had a life changing year resolutions made or not.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend, Kari, my sister-in-law, Molly

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mentor/supervisor for many years at CLO. After several years of fighting cancer, she lost her battle MUCH too soon.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol USA

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2012?
Patience, and a calmer, more relaxed lifestyle. The opportunity to spend more quality time with my family before spending it with others and making it a point to focus on what is best for me and my family more often rather than getting caught up in the craziness of life and not even realizing it is passing me by.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Though I cannot remember the exact date, late in February my Mama was diagnosed with cancer. My world was forever changed that day and has made me face many, many, many realizations about what is and isnt important in this life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I can honestly say, just making it through the year. 2012 might have been the hardest year I have faced. Having two young children, a Mama who is sick and adjusting to staying home full-time made for some tough times.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my cool. Biting off more than I can chew and then secretely freaking out about it. Not putting my family first, messing up a few good friendships...

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
We have not had any major illnesses, but as a family I feel like we have been sick since Halloween. Im not even joking. Im hoping that 2013 means a little less germs will be spread our way.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Im pretty fond of the bounce house we bought the girls for Christmas, Nothing like blowing up an 8x8 sqaure of air to burn off some energy during the cold winter months. Who cares if it happens to take up my entire entry way =0) 
I would also say that although I didnt really "buy" her, I finally hired a cleaning lady. It took me awhile to do this, but honestly a whole lot of anxiety and overall grouchiness has left my life with this "purchase".

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hands down, my Mom. She has been through hell and back and handled it all like a rockstar. Rarely do I hear her complain about much of anything even though the fact of the matter is that she really is sick.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My mom always said if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all... I think I will remember this right now....

14. Where did most of your money go?
My Kiddos... I wouldnt change this for the world though. They are my EVERYTHING.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Mama making it to her 100 day post transplant date. She has been doing fabulous and we couldnt be more thankful.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Its an oldie but with all that is going on in life, Tim McGraws, Live like you are Dying pretty much sums up my feelings about life. It is just TOO short to take for granted.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?
Happier. Although I am sad that the answer to my Mama's health problems resulted in Cancer, knowing the problem and the way to treat it brings some pretty hefty relief.
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter...  I knew it would happen. I have always been a stress eater.. Now if I would just care enough to lose the 10 pounds I have gained all would be well... or maybe I'll just get pregnant instead =0)
c) richer or poorer?
I really have no idea.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Not over-extended myself and my family. Being signed up for every opportunity that comes our way is just TOO much.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
ran around feeling like a chicken with my head cut off.
 
20. How did you spend Christmas? We went to Chanute the weekend before Christmas to celebrate with my family, went to Ryan's parents the Friday before Christmas, and Ryan and the girls went to both his extended family's Christmas' Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I stayed home with a horendous case of the stomach flu =0(

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I didnt fall in love, but I stayed in love with everybody in my family. I also learned the hard way how bad loving somebody can hurt when you are faced with losing them.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I am NOT a television watcher. I prefer to spend my days listening to the radio instead.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Um. Hate? No. Too strong of word...

24. What was the best book you read? Hmm, I read the book "The Power of a Positive Parent" and really enjoyed it. I also have to admit I got pretty sucked into Fifty Shades of Grey Series.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Im boring when it comes to music. If it is on the radio I listen to it, if not, then I probably have no idea what it is.

26. What did you want and get? More days to spend with my Mama.

27. What did you want and not get? another eternity band for my wedding set... its a pretty hefty thing to ask for, but a girl can dream, right?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?  Hmm not a movie watcher... I think we saw the Lorax this past year, though and I thought it was super cute. I love Dr. Suess though.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned thirty-two. I celebrated with lunch with a bunch of my Mommy friends and their little ones, dinner with Ryan and the family and as always with Ryan's family at his parents house.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to face the reality that my Mama has an incurable illness that is only going to get worse over time.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Im not a huge fashion person. I prefer to be comfortable. If I had a choice of what to wear on a daily basis, it would be a hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

32. What kept you sane?
Supportive friends willing to help out anytime I needed.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have nothing to do with celebrities, etc. I don't watch TV

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate politics. I try really hard to have nothing to do with them.

35. Who did you miss?
I miss my Mom everyday. I fear that everyday I am not with her, might be the last day I could have seen her. I also miss the rest of my family since I know that once my Mom is no longer on this earth, nothing will EVER be the same for any of us =0(

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I was fortunate to meet a lot of new, awesome people this past year, and to deepen the relationships I had with others.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Treat every.single.day as though it is a gift. You are not guaranteed a tomorrow!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.... I dunno...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home