Monday, October 29, 2012

You Say What?!?!

Today Reese's speech lady came. Not only did she come, but she came bearing news that I am excited to hear, but scared about all at the same time. She recommended that we get Reese into a program for kids with speech needs that is pretty intensive. "Like a preschool for kids with Special Needs" were her words. The way I am handling this news has come somewhat surprisingly to me... I guess I never really had grasped the concept that Reese indeed does have "special needs" or that her "needs" are significant enough to warrant having to spend significant amounts of time away from me in a setting to address these needs at the ripe age of two. Coming from a Mama who has worked with people who fit into this category my entire adult life, I think I have both an advantage ( I am all too familiar with all the terminology, treatments, etc) and a disadvantage (I have seen the worst of the worst). More than anything I think it makes me sad to think that somebody will be taking my baby away, forcing her to do things she does not enjoy at all in hopes that she can overcome this nasty nasty developmental disability that she has.
Like everything in life, I can choose to be sad, or I can choose to accept the news and fight for the best. Since she is one of the loves of my life, I have no choice but to be strong... so as bad as it hurts, I guess once again, it is time to put my big girl panties on, suck up the news and move on... Life is definitely not easy all of the time, but once again Im gonna have to lean on my motto for life... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and know that in the end everything we do will be so worth it. After all she is a pretty darn special girl =0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home