Monday, June 22, 2009

SO Big and Yays!!!

We took the plunge and made a trip back to Chanute. Although I would like to say that we do this often, the truth is we only do it about twice a year. Why? Because it saddens me to see how much has changed, how run down things have become, and how little opportunity there is for the folks who remain in this town. This trip was particularly sad because it is the first time I have been home since my old high school was torn down, my grade school has become a church and the Sonic that I spent many nights getting drinks from is no longer where it was. It was also my class reunion (yep, 10 years already) and it amazed me how even though ten years have passed, my classmates and I have all grown up and went on to do our own things, that when we walk into a room ten years later we still flock to our comfort zones and refuse to talk to others. Why is this? I do not know... but it is the truth. Sad, I know. On a happier note, Nora got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Bercaw and they LOVED it... This trip was the first time that I had been home since Nora actually plays with toys so seeing her play with my old toys was kinda fun. I realized that she loves dolls and it might be time buy her one of her own and that she has definetely been spending time with her boy cousins because everything that moves goes brrrrrrmmmm =0)

On another note, Nora has been becoming more and more of a show off with her tricks... she now claps her hands (though I think she thinks it is called doing yays, and shows us how big or how cute she is)
Nora playing with my old Little People Camper Set
Sooo Big (or sooo cute) Yay!!!! She finally learned to clap her own hands


Nora with Grandma Bercaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home