Friday, February 22, 2013

Greed

The decision to move has played heavily in our minds over the past year. Many things have kept us from doing so. Our choice in where to send Nora to school, having awesome neighbors, liking but not loving the current home we live in, etc.
The problem with this whole situation is that when I look at new homes, I am overcome with how greedy I have become. It is a big, huge slap in the face. It makes me realize that rather I want to or not, I live with the mentality that the "grass is always greener on the other side" and quite honestly, I don't like living this way. We have lived in our current home for 3.5 years. When I moved into this home, I thought it was BEAUTIFUL, huge and everything we would ever need. At the time I thought if we needed more space, we could always finish the basement, and we have yet to do this. But, for whatever reason, I am addicted to looking at real estate and seriously contemplating buying bigger, better, nicer homes. Tonight I caught myself looking at a house twice the price of our current  home (which in the grand scheme of things is not cheap) talking to Ryan and saying, "I only want to buy that house if the yard was big enough for a pool, and I would definitely want to send Nora to private school". The problem here? The neighborhood already has a pool AND we belong to a gym that has an awesome pool we go to on a regular basis each summer. The other problem? We live in the best school district in the state of Kansas! Ugh. Yuck. Why do I have to be this way?!? Where did the girl that grew up on Steuben street go? I'm not sure. But what I do know, is that I hope if nothing else I can remember the simple life I once lived, and NEVER, EVER let my children become spoiled children. Maybe I can stop the "grass is always greener" mentality with myself. Afterall, the grass for the Miller's IS indeed pretty darn green!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home