Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Weekend to Myself

For the first time in Nora's life I am enjoying a weekend to myself. When I made the plans, I felt SOOO bad that all I wanted was somebody to sweep all of my responsibilities out from under me and just leave me be to lay on the couch. I NEVER thought that this would actually happen, but it did and I have been REALLY enjoying it.
Yesterday, Ryan flew to Tennesee to pick up our new car. Prior to the complications I am having with my pregnancy occuring our family's plans were to go to the Lake of the Ozarks for the weekend. However, when death warmed me over on Thursday, I decided there was NOOOO way I was going, and instead asked Ryan's parents if there was anyway they would take the little lady with them to the lake, and then Ryan could meet them there. Ryan was concerned about leaving me behind, but honestly I knew that in order for me to relax, my house would HAVE to be empty. I promised him my dear friend Kari would come and be my sidekick and so off he went. Little did I know that making these plans would end up being one of the best things I have done for myself in  A LONG TIME.
So, what I have I done you may ask?!?!
-I took a nap, went to my friends house for dinner and went to a scrapbooking crop where I nearly completed an ENTIRE album!!!
-Today my same friend (yep shes a great gal) is coming over here and we are going to have yet another crafty day. We have grand plans of making tutus (including the little lady's halloween costume), headbands and finishing up our work from last night. I miss my little lady like crazy, but I know that an opportunity to have an empty house and and entire weekend to spend with a friend comes few and far between so I am going to savor EVERY minute and enjoy it while I can!! Afterall before long I will have TWO little ladies roaming this Mama's nest =0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home