Sunday, February 20, 2011

Milestones for Miss R: Moving into the crib

I know I have said this a lot lately, but it seems impossible that my baby is already so big. Although I have to be honest and say that I really do not wish to relive the first few months of her life, at the same time I am sad at how fast the time is going. Tonight as I sit here she is sleeping in her crib for the first time. From the time we came home from the hospital until recently I felt like we were living in survival mode. I had no idea how hard it would be to adjust to having a freshly turned two year old and a new baby. I have since learned. However, I have had to learn that you do what you have to do to get by. Take for example sleeping arrangements. With Nora we DID NOT co-sleep. She had a bassinet in our room, she went to sleep in it at night and woke up in it in the morning. There was never a night where I would sleep with her. At 6 months we moved her to her crib, made her cry it out and never looked back. She slept like a jewel.
Fast forward two years and along comes Reese. Reese was our baby who I have come to think really wished she could have spent three more months in the womb. For the first three months of her life Im pretty certain I did not put her down. If she was awake, she was in the ring sling attached to me. If she was asleep she was either swinging (on high if it was during the day) or in my arms (at night). I have to admit at first I was not a fan. I really did not enjoy waking up with stiff shoulders because I had a child sleep on my arm the entire night. I did not enjoy the limited movement having her in bed with me created. However, after 4.5 months of sleeping this way, I have to say I am going to miss it. In fact, at this very moment I am secretly hoping she wakes up... but then again a full night of sleep would be REALLY nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home