Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

BEFORE I WAS A MOTHER

Before I was a Mother -

I slept as late as I

wanted and never worried about how late I

got into bed. I brushed my

hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mother -

I cleaned my house each

day.

I never tripped over toys

or forgot words to a lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or

not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about

immunizations.

Before I was a Mother -

I had never been puked on.

Pooped on.

Spit on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of

my mind and my thoughts.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mother -

I never held down a

screaming child So that doctors could do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary

eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously

happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours

at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mother -

I never held a sleeping

baby just because I didn't want to put

it down.

I never felt my heart

break into a million pieces when I

couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that

something so small could affect my life so

much.

I never knew that I could

love someone so much.

I never knew I would love

being a Mother.
 
Thank you to the two most wonderful girls ever for making me the Mama that I am. I am so blessed to have you in my life and couldn't have asked for anything more!
Eleanor Lee 8/8/08
Reese Kathleen 9/30/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home