Thursday, December 30, 2010

Serioiusly, 2010 is over?!?! WOW!

I cannot believe that 2010 is already coming to a close. It seems as though this year has FLOWN by!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

-Became a stay-at-home mom. It's still something I am adjusting to, but I know that my kiddos will only be young once.
-Gave birth to my second little lady. I am still in shock that I really am old enough to be a Mamma to TWO kids. Wasnt I just in high school yesterday?!?!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Ha. Ha. My resolution was to lose all 60 lbs I gained from being pregant with Nora... well guess what? Surprises happen and instead I got pregnant. I guess I still have that weight to lose, huh?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides myself, my best friend, Kari and my cousin, Sarah.
4. Did anyone close to you die? the closest person to pass away this year was a co-worker of mine. He was an inspiration to everybody he came in contact with and this earth truly will not be the same without him.

5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
My life is pretty darn good right now. I am fortunate to get to stay home with my kiddos, have a wonderful home, and a very loving husband. For the first time in my life I feel like everything I worked for has finally paid off and I am very content.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 8th: Nora turned 2. I absolutely love celebrating my children's birthdays. They are so much more fun than my own =0)
September 30th: Little Reese-a-Roo was born. I honestly think I spent the remainder of the day after she was born in shock that I had birthed a nine pound baby without ANY drugs.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
For the second time I gave birth all naturally. Not one licken bit of pain medication. You may not think its a big deal, but I sure do. Even after giving birth to my little tank of a baby, the thought of an epidural still scares the bejesus out of me.
I quit my only career job I have ever had to stay at home with my kiddos. It was a tough decision to make, but I think it was the right one. Hopefully some day I will be able to go back. I guess only time will tell.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I think I have done pretty well this past year. I still have a tendency to spend more than I should, but I think I have made some small improvements in this department. I am hoping to be able to make a significant improvement this year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not that I can think of, though I did spend 9 months feeling like a Mack Truck hit me. It's amazing how different two pregnancies can be!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well since I technically have no job now, Im not sure that I can claim to have bought anything, but we did get a new car (that I absolutely love) and after five years of using whatever piece of crap cell phone the company I worked for gave me, I got a new phone of my own and I LOVE it. My favorite part of it is having a digital calendar with me all of the time (I know, Im a dork)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm Im not sure on this one. I would say that once again my husband was the perfect partner in the delivery room. He did just what I asked and made no complaints.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My mom always said if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all... I think I will remember this right now....

14. Where did most of your money go?
Nora and her new little sidekick Reese (though mostly Nora since I can use all of Nora's old stuff for Reese)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Giving birth to Reese. I was miserable and sooo ready for her to come.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hmmmm probably Sugarland's "Stuck" Nora LOVES it and so do I.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?
Happier. I finally get to spend the time I want with my children and feel like I have time to devote to my husband as well. I no longer have to choose between caring for myself or caring for others. Since I am a huge people pleaser it feels good to be able to spend a little time on myself.
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter... although today was my first day on my diet and it is 5pm and I am doing good. I have at least 40 lbs to lose and I know I can do it.
c) richer or poorer?
I really have no idea, but considering we just lost my entire income I am guessing we are poorer, but I am okay with that. At least my money is not going towards somebody else raising my kiddos.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time with my husband and realized that it was okay to leave Nora to go have a night out. When I was working it broke my heart to leave her anymore than I absolutely had to so I didnt. I think Ryan and I's relationship mightve taken a hit because of it, but I am trying hard now to work on spending more time with him.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worry about things in general and learn that everything, no matter what, in the end will be fine.

20. How did you spend Christmas?  We went to Chanute on Christmas Eve, spent the night there and then came home Christmas night. We celebrated with Ryan's family the weekend before at his parent's house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I honestly didnt think it would be possible to love another child as much as I loved Nora. Although it took some time and some adjusting I now can honestly say that I love both of my girls the same. There really is NOTHING like the love I have for my children. I tell myself each and everyday how lucky I am to have TWO healthy, beautiful girls.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I really don't watch television (unless you can count Dora the Explorer or Go Diego, Go) but recently I have kind of enjoyed watching "Men of a Certain Age" and Two and  Half Men.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Um. Hate? No. Too strong of word.
24. What was the best book you read? Gosh, Im not sure I have read a book in the past year. I read to Nora every night though and my favorite book of hers is: I Love You So....

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Im boring when it comes to music. I listen to country, always have and always will.
26. What did you want and get? My own cell phone with a calendar on it. I got it and LOVE it.
27. What did you want and not get? A DSLR camera. I have pretty much given up on this one... Someday maybe...
28. What was your favorite film of this year?  Hmmmm I dont watch much movies but I thought Toy Story 3 was pretty darn cute.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned THIRTY. We didnt do anything too exciting. Reese was all of 16 days old so we went to dinner (with her in tote) and my mom watched Nora. We also spent the day at Maple Leaf in Baldwin. We celebrated with Ryan's family at the lake the following weekend.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I honestly think I had one of the best years of my life. I hope that they just keep getting better!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Hello Maternity clothes... now, its hello sweats... I cannot wait to lose some weight so that clothes actually look cute on me again =0)
32. What kept you sane? Knowing that more than likely I would not be returning to work after the baby was born, and having a great babysitter for Nora while I was still working.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have nothing to do with celebrities, etc. I don't watch TV

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate politics. I try really hard to have nothing to do with them.
35. Who did you miss? I miss my mom a lot more than I used to. Something about having kiddos makes me want to see her more.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Hmmm I havent really met anybody well enough to say they are the best new person. I am,however, trying to make some new friendships and am very hopeful that this happens soon.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
hmmm... im not sure....
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I said this last year, but I think it still applies for this year: We'll just do a whole song. It Won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker

1 Comments:

Blogger Tj and Chelse said...

I think having babies without pain meds is a very, very big deal! I admire you for it.

December 31, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home