Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Resignation

Today I did one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I quit my job. The only "real" job I ever had. I am going to be a stay-at-home mom. This decision didnt come easliy. Quite honestly I begged my husband to let me stay home thinking that there was no way he was going to say yes, but he did. I was supposed to go back to work January 3rd. I had written my resignation letter over a week ago. Everyday I woke up knowing full well that I needed to send it, but everytime I thought about it, my gut hurt. Staying home was something that I had told myself was a goal for me at some point in my life. As much as I loved my childhood I was not fortunate to be able to have a stay-at-home mom and it was always something I hoped my own children would be able to experience. This goal was made before I met some of the most wonderful people in my life. Some of the happiest, most genuine people anybody could ever meet. I was a little worried, but the resignation went well, and in fact, I have been asked to be a member on the Human Rights Committee. This responsibility will allow me to remain involved with the company and to have a little say in ensuring that some of the most vulnerable folks on earth are not taken unfair advantage of. I am very thankful to have spent the past 6 years as part of the CLO family but now it is time to take care of my own. Afterall, it would be kind of hard to leave these beautiful faces:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home