Saturday, March 30, 2013

Feeling Guilty

Easter should be a time to celebrate, and well, this year it kinda just snuck up on me. While I managed to get them gifts for their baskets and dresses to wear for the day, I did NOT manage to take them to the Easter bunny, or dye eggs. Now that the girls are tucked in bed, I feel guilty. No Easter Bunny for them, and no eggs to dye? What kind of mother am I? A busy one, I guess. I keep reminding myself that the reason this did not happen was because we were busy doing other FUN things, like celebrating friend's birthdays, going to Disney on Ice, playing soccer with friends, watching the Jayhawks lose in the company of great friends, spending days with friends we haven't seen in awhile, etc. but it still feels bad. I wonder when/if life is ever going to slow down enough so that I can feel like I have time to do it all. Until then, I am going to have to be thankful that they have an awesome Grandma who had a great Easter Party for them, a wonderful Easter celebration with extended family and that some genius invented plastic eggs, so we can still at least have an egg hunt =0) Maybe someday we will have time to dye eggs...maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home