Friday, May 7, 2010

18 week check-up

Went to the doctor today. Nothing new or exciting. Everything checked out good. I declined my testing to determine abnormalities the baby may have. I understand people have differing opinions on rather this is a good idea or not, but for me it is something I  am strongly against. I guess working in the MR/DD field all these years has made me care less. In my opinion why would I want to find out now so that I can spend the next 20+ weeks worrying about the severity of their condition? If my child is "abnormal" I guess we will find out when it is born, and love it just as though he/or she was "normal".
During the appointment I also heard the baby's heartbeat, scheduled my next appointment and scheduled our sonogram. The big one... the one where we will FINALLY find out what this baby is. Sono is scheduled for May 20th. I can hardly wait. Anybody want to make any predictions? I've got mine =0)


Blogger Kristen said...

I think boy!

May 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home