Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Survey 2009

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
- Celebrated MY child's first birthday.
- Went to California
- Moved to Johnson County


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not a big resolution person, but it is likely that I said I wanted to lose all 60 pounds I gained while pregnant and if so, then I am no where near meeting that goal!! This year I'm not so certain that its a new years resolution but I am REALLY trying to lose weight. Hopefully it will happen.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? YES!!! After years of saying my childrent would be like the second wave of grandkids for my parents BOTH of my sisters had girls within 9 months of Nora being born.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, both my Aunt Sue and Ryan's Grandpa Bukaty.
5. What countries did you visit? None

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
You mean you are asking me to plan?!? Hmm that ones tough! I would like to feel like I am more settled and content with my new life here in Joco. Right now I feel like all I have is a home, no friends and definetely NO life (other than that that I left behind in Lawrence).
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 8th, 2009. It was Nora's first birthday. My last day at our old house. The feeling I had when I left my sisters the last day she watched Nora broke my heart in ways I havent felt before. Before this move, I had no idea that moving could be so tough. You would think that I had moved across the country. I guess the old saying "you never know what you have until it's gone" is SOOOO true!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Honestly I havent felt like I have made major accomplishments in quite some time, but I guess if you really get down to it the one that I think was the toughest for me to overcome was hiring and accepting that somebody other than a family member would be caring for Nora. Thankfully we met Miss Patty and this transition has been pretty smooth.
-Also I would say finally making the commitment (after 5 years) to move to Johnson County. Waiting paid off and I was able to keep the same job but transfer to the Lenexa office.

9. What was your biggest failure? Letting anxiety and stress get to me and not taking things with a grain of salt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope I have pretty darn healthy for several years now. I guess I got all the nasties out of the way in my younger years.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I guess you could say our new house. It is SOOO nice to have more than enough room and a place to put EVERYTHING!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmmm, not so sure on this one... I cant think of anybody around me that made any major accomplishments, or did anything out of the ordinary.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I think this one needs to be kept to myself. I don't like to hurt others feelings and I often question rather that person was wrong or if it was me. Only God knows and I guess we will keep it that way.
14. Where did most of your money go?
One word: Nora. Nora's clothes, Nora's diapers, fun things to do with Nora, etc. etc. Guess what though? I am PERFECTLY okay with this! Afterall I LOVE this little squirt!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Honestly, I try not to get too excited about things because I don't want to be dissapointed when they are not all cracked up to what I thought they would be, but, I did get pretty excited about Nora's birthday AND I thought it was pretty darn fun!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? 
Gosh, I dont know for certain but I always can relate to the song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
-Sadder, I dont think I could ever go back to being as happy as I was during the time immediately following Nora's birth. I LOVED everything about her being a bitty baby and all that went with it. Also, I was just getting to know a lot of new people and that was exciting. This time last year I started to really feel settled in life and that made me very comfortable.

b) thinner or fatter?
-Thinner.

 c) richer or poorer?
I have nothing to do with the finances in our home, so I will have to defer on this one. I am guessing that since our house payment and childcare expenses have went up, that we are likely poorer, though I have no idea what my husband's income has done so I could be wrong.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Realized that it was okay to have "me" time.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry about the move over here. Everything worked out just fine.

20. How did you spend Christmas? This Christmas we spent the morning at home and then went over to Ryan's parents for the afternoon. We were supposed to go to my sister, Amy's house the following day but the weather made us have to postpone that to the next weekend.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fall in love all over again each day when I see Nora. This little girl is the GREATEST thing that could have ever happened. Although things can be hard at times, she is such a sweet, caring, ornery little girl who does nothing but bring smiles to my face each and every day!
22. What was your favorite TV program? 
Do I really have to admit this? About the only thing I watch (besides Barney and Sesame Street) is HGTV.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Um. Hate? No. Too strong of word.

24. What was the best book you read? I dont know that I have read a book this past year. Sad, I know.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Im not sure I have one. I listen to pretty much the same things I always ahve.

26. What did you want and get? My OWN laptop. Not one owned by CLO.

27. What did you want and not get? A DSLR camera. Something tells me I have a waaaayyyysss to go before I convince my husband that I NEED this!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hands down: Blindside. Im not a huge movie watcher but I LOVED this one.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Went to eat at a restaurant that went out of business two weeks later (yeah it was gross) and then came home. We also celebrated my birthday with Ryan's family a few weeks later and had a yummy dinner that made up for the nasty one we had on my birthday.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Quitting my job.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? FRUMPY... hence the need to lose weight. I feel like NOTHING fits, no matter what size I buy.

32. What kept you sane? Having a fabulous nanny who I know loves and cares for my daughter just the way I would expect her to.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have nothing to do with celebrities, etc. I don't watch TV

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Well the most recent 10 percent Medicaid cut hit a little too close to home. Because of it I now have THIRTY THREE people on my caseload instead of 26 and the agency I work for has had to do several other things in order to continue providing services to the folks we serve without having a significant impact on their day to day lives

35. Who did you miss? My friends in Lawrence and Lawrence in general. I didnt realize how much that place truly was my home!

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm who have I met this year?!?! I dont recall anybody who has made a huge impact.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Dont take the things you have for granted. Appreciate all that you have because someday you may no longer have them and you will miss them when they are gone!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. We'll just do a whole song. It Won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home