Friday, March 5, 2010

Miss Manners

Last night was ROUGH at our house. The little lady slept little AND kept the big people up as well. Up until last night I had never used a stern voice during sleep difficulties but enough was enough and I finally just told her that it was night time, Mamma was sleeping, Dadda was sleeping, that she was fine and nobody would be coming in to get her no matter what she did. After a few more minutes of crying she laid down and went back to sleep. This morning she came into our room, pretended to go "night night" and repeatedly was telling me she was sorry. I have no way to prove for certain that this was what she was sorry for, but I am thinking she knew she was a naughty girl during the night.

On another note, earlier today I was doing some work on my computer and sneezed. Next thing I knew Nora came running in from the other room to tell me "bless you".

Although Nora has definetely been challenging us these past few months, knowing that she is developing compassion for others makes all the rough times even better. After all, who can't love a little girl saying "sorry"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home