Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's Real...

Today was my first doctor's appt. for Biddy number 2. I don't know why, but up until this point with both pregnancies I have always had this surreal feeling. Like I really am not pregnant. I guess seeing a heartbeat and hearing from a real live person rather than looking at some lines on a stick makes the difference.
The visit went great. This was my first time to go to this office and meet this doctor so I was a bit nervous. The doctor had come highly recommended by several of my friends so I had a good feeling all would be well, but it was still a strange place with strange things going on. Much to my surprise we had a sonogram. With Nora I basically had to beg at 12 weeks to have one after we had yet to hear a heartbeat. I cannot believe that at such a young age something can be so alive. The doctor said everything looked and sounded good.
We discussed locations to deliver (since I have 5 to choose from) and I told her the recomendation from my previous doctor to deliver at the closest hospital to my house due to Nora's quick arrival. Unfortunately the closest hospital to my house has a reputation of being full and therefore you being sent to another hospital to deliver so we will not be going there. She suggested that we go to Shawnee Mission Medical Center instead for two reasons: 1) If I do indeed have another FAST delivery and she is unable to make it they have a OB doctor in the building 24 hours a day/7 days a week and 2) Her office and home are closer to Shawnee Mission Med Center so even if I did go to the closest hospital to my house once I arrived there I would have to wait on her to get there.... makes sense to me so I guess although it is a bit further drive bitty number 2 will making his/her arrival at Shawnee Mission Medical Center.
Now begins the waiting game.... Will bitty be a boy or a girl?!?! Hmmm I cant wait to find out!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

What doc did you decide on? How many weeks are you? What's your due date? I need some details, girl!

February 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger crazyfordaisies said...

I ended up going to Dr. Melanie Martin. She is with Johnson County OB/GYN. It is close to my office and she was recommended by another friend of mine... hopefully I made the right choice... she seemed very nice. I dont know exactly how far along I am but our tentative (until they can measure better) due date is 10/9. We are shooting for 10/10 so that we will have a 10/10/10 and a 8/8/8 baby =0)

February 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home