Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Who Needs A Gym When You Have Kindermusik...

My oh my... my little girl is a maniac. Today was day two of our Kindermusik class. Last week Nora LOVED it, but was a little on the wild side. This week, I was hopeful that it would not be something completely new and she would calm down. Well I was WRONG. Nora was a MANIAC.
The room where Kindermusik is held  is in a church and has soft gym mats on the floor, full length mirrors on an entire wall AND pictures of farm animals on another. Perfect set up for an 18 month old to stay focused, right? HA HA! Needless to say I spent the entire 30 minutes chasing my litlte lady around the room while she either A) Kissed herself in the mirror B) Pointed at ther reflections of the other kids in the mirror and asked "whos that"? C) Ran around the outside of the circle like a maniac while all the other kids participated in the activity or D) Pointed at the various pictures of farm animals on the wall and made the noises that corresponded with them. Fun times let me tell you.
I have never felt like Ive had an entire room staring at me like I did tonight. I was doing my best to try to get her to participate but in the back of my mind I know that if you go after her she thinks its a game and she runs. If you catch her she drops to the floor like a sack of potatoes, you try to get her to do something that involves sitting still and she screams at the top of her lungs, etc. etc. Honestly, I know that if I choose to sit and participate in the activity ultimately she will come back to the mat. Unfortunately the teacher's philosophy is different.
As if the actual class wasnt torture enough.  As we are getting ready to leave another mother says to me "shes got a whole lot of energy, huh"? My response, "Yeah, nonstop" What I really wanted to say was SHUT THE ________ up lady. If you think you can do a better job, you just step right in and do it. I will wish you the best of luck"!
Hopefully next week will be better!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home