Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Sweetest Thing!

Today at Nora's Meet the Teacher event, part of the fun was getting their new bags. The teachers gave them to each student and told them to decorate them however they like. When I picked up Nora she walked out proudly holding her freshly decorated tote. This is what it looked like:
Immediately I said to her, oh, great job decorating your bag. I see you wrote Reese's name on there. That was the end of the discussion. Later that day, we went to lunch with Ryan and I told Nora to show her Daddy how she had decorated her bag... she did, and he asked "Why did you put Reese's name on there"? As innocently and sincere as possible, she responded, "because I love her"! It was at that moment that all of my doubts of my ability to parent a four year old went out the window and I realized I indeed have succeeded at something! Now i just hope there isn't a Reese in Nora's class or we might have some mixed up papers =0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home